Autumn has arrived in the Ozarks, and Eureka is the ideal place to soak in the beauty. The trees are showing their colors and provide a daily changing backdrop to the unique style and charm that epitomize this city. Bring your camera to catch the beauty here, or make Eureka the hub for some backroads, leaf-changing tours in the hills and valleys of the Ozarks.
Additionally, live music, historic buildings, walking trails, one-of-a-kind shops, relaxing massages, beautiful churches, Beaver lake, and more all make up the greater Eureka area. Follow some of the links below for more information, and check back here for the latest and greatest in Eureka. Of course, making a reservation at one of our five All Seasons Luxury Properties is sure to help you get the most our of your Eureka visit.
- Blue Spring Heritage Center – This gorgeous outdoor walking park is on the historic registry and is just outside Eureka. Enjoy the history, the garden, the water, and a peaceful retreat as you commune with nature.
- Thorncrown Chapel and St. Elizabeth’s Catholic Church – Two locations for escaping life’s hustle and bustle and meditating on the deeper things of life. While all of Eureka is ideal for leaving one’s cares behind, these two spots call to the soul to relax and rejuvenate some, too.
- Arkansas Art Trail – What’s not to like about the beauty of art, the depth of nature, and your own communion with both? The trail is a real place (one you can walk and enjoy), but also a website dedicated to the exploration of the journey we are all on. “Wear comfortable shoes, open your eyes, and prepare to be inspired,” says the website. That about sums it up.
Places to eat…
- Ermilio’s – This converted home is one of Eureka’s most popular restaurants, and patrons go back again and again for homemade sauces, subdued customer service, and desserts that are worth the calories. Family pictures line the walls, and people line up early every evening to snag a seat for dinner.
- Local Flavor Café – Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and Sunday brunch), this downtown eatery is a favorite of locals and visitors alike. Its retro-modern vibe, gourmet touches, and use of fresh ingredients combine for wide appeal. They also have a relatively extensive wine list and ever changing drink specials. When you go, notice the unique use of lamps as decorative touches.
- Mud Street Café – Located “under” Eureka, this local restaurant serves a variety of foods, all with flair. They boast a coffee and espresso bar along with their sandwiches, quiche, and flavorful desserts. The laid back vibe comes at no extra charge.
- Rogue’s Manor – This surprising establishment has atmosphere galore and tasty food for a variety of palates. Frankly, we’ve never gone wrong trusting recommendations from the excellent staff here, and the cozy, eclectic feel of the place really does transport you far, far away from the everyday stressors of life.
- Simply Scrumptious Tea Room – Sandwiches, quiche, soups, and salads are the mainstays of this comfortable place to grab lunch. Yes, it’s a tearoom, but it’s not so frilly that men may be put off, and most anyone will find plenty of food to satisfy their appetite. Menu items are freshly made, and if you ask for a recipe you’ll be told that you can buy the cookbook and try your hand at home. We recommend dessert, no matter what else you decide to do.